Turkiye and Syria Earthquake Assistance
Updated June 1, 2023
In response to the February 6th Earthquake that impacted Turkey and Syria we have focused on making content readily available for providers in the field. We are well along the way and the “New” document continue to populate below.
How can you help?
– Join our volunteer translators, editors and clinical reviewers.
– Get familiar with content so you can be most effective when you are called on to help directly by offering Peer or Clinical support to this on the ground in the region
– Send a targeted donation via PayPal to support the Arabic and Turkish content.
- Vibrant self care action list [Tur] [Ara] –
- Information for First Responders on Emotional Reactions to Human Bodies in Mass Death [ Tur ] –
- Asking for Help’: Do You Know How? [ Tur] [Ara] –
- Psychological First Aid for Displaced Children and Families
- Pocket card: Helping Others Calm an Acute Stress Response
- Pocket card: Rapid Psychological First Aid Help for You, Family, and Friends
- Helping children understand frightening events [Tur] [Ara]
- Helping Others Calm an Acute Stress Response [Ara]
- Military Leadership in Stressful Situations [Ara]
- Rapid Psychological First Aid Help for You, Family, and Friends [Tur] [Ara]
- Sustaining the Psychological Well-Being of Caregivers While Caring for Disaster Victims
- Psychological First Aid: How You Can Support Well-Being in Disaster Victims
- Leadership Stress Management
- Post Disaster Stress Management for Parents
- Managing the Stress of Children After a Crisis
- Leadership Communication: Anticipating and Responding to Stressful Events
- CERC CDC Psychology of a Crisis
- Teacher’s resource – https://www.redcross.org.uk/get-involved/teaching-resources/talking-with-children-about-a-major-emergency
- Healthcare and Humanitarian Aid Workers: Information for First Responders on Emotional Reactions to Human Bodies in Mass Death [ Tur ] [Ara]
- Skills for Psychological Recovery [Eng]
- IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings * – a comprehensive systems-wide approach to disaster management – content and translation provided by the source organization [ Eng ] [ Ara ] [ Rus] [ Tur ] [ Ukr ]
- Caring for Children After Parental Death: Guide for Primary Care Providers
- Addressing the Needs of the Seriously Mentally Ill in Disasters [Eng]
- Psychological First Aid and Field Deployment Basics (41 pg.) [Eng] [Ukr] – general introductory slide deck discussing Psychological First Aid, Skills for Psychological Recovery as well as Risk Communication Basics. A good place to start to familiarize yourself with common scope of work in disasters.
We are also compiling a list of trusted partner organizations to help you direct your direct support – such as BAŞLANGIÇ DERNEĞİ and Psychiatric Association of Turkey as we learn more about the developments in Turkey and Syria.
Please check in often as we are adding any helpful documents already freely available on line in Turkish/Arabic/Kurdish on this page and in our main document library as these are identified.
Another important resource of note – Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress – specific Earthquake content selection – TURKEY-SYRIA EARTHQUAKES: MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES TO SUPPORT COMMUNITY RECOVERY.